Tuesday, May 21, 2024

A FAULTY CHROMOSOME - AS AN EX-ANOREXIC'S SIX SICKS EXIT,... CD (SELF RELEASED, 2007) [USA]

A Faulty Chromosome - As An Ex-Anorexic's Six Sicks Exit,... CD
(Self Released, 2007) [USA]




The first time I heard A Faulty Chromosome was a live impromptu outdoor acoustic set in 2008 in Austin, TX, where the band relocated to after first forming in Los Angeles, as part of an unofficial SXSW performance at a public park. I feel like my friends and I just kind of happened upon this performance and I was in awe..if I am remembering correctly. Maybe one of my friends had heard about it and that's how we ended up there. Either way, I had never heard any of their recorded material until after that night I saw them perform in the park... but I later found this CD of theirs is one of my favorite releases. I've listened to it a ton of times. I love their cover of the John Mellencamp song 'Jackie O.' 

This band I always want to compare to The Magnetic Fields in that it's lo-fi and has a similar aesthetic. I later found they even have a complete CD of Magnetic Fields cover songs -- so the comparison is not far off.



No comments:

Post a Comment