Sunday, December 25, 2016

JOHNNY DEE - LOVE COMPILATION CD (VINYL JAPAN [ASK 38], 1994) [JP]

Johnny Dee - Love Compilation CD
(Vinyl Japan [ASK 38], 1994) [JP]





"10 Johnny Dee Fans Can't Be Wrong..."


Let's hope there are more of us than ten. Possibly my favorite Japanese indie pop band, Johnny Dee. I wish I knew more about them other than they were active in the mid-90s with a handful of releases on the Japanese-owned, London-based Vinyl Japan label. Including a split 7" with England's The Chesterfields (who are fantastic in their own right). Johnny Dee also had some affiliation with  another Japanese band Psychagogo, I think? I wish I could get a hold of and hear the vinyl version of this release, as it appears to have a different track listing and presumably different songs than on this CD, but that goes for a cool couple of hundred dollars.











No comments:

Post a Comment